There are certainly variations out there, but I came across this list.
1. Big Picture - Start with a one-line summary of your novel
2. Three Acts - Write a synopsis including the 3 acts of your book
3. Spotlight - Write one-page descriptions on each character (very important)
4. Location, Location, Location - Build the setting(s) and determine their significance
5. I or You - Decide on the P.O.V. - it can make or break your novel!
6. It's About Time - Create a pace between scenes and be consistent
7. Pen to Paper - Write your first draft (and then your 2nd, 3rd...)
8. Edit Out - Self-edit and then send out to a Editor
9. Edit In - Revise and Rewrite
10. Off to the Presses - Publish your book. Just do it!
11. Cheers! - Have a stiff drink because you deserve it!
#creativewriting #novelwriting #literature